What’s new in version 2.0.129
By putting pressure on the track pad, you can easily record a sample and then use that sample in a new track.
⁃ The new sampling procedure has made sampling faster by allowing the user to set the normalize, save location, and auto saving settings in advance.
⁃ The monitor output method has been revised so that the speaker can be used even when the built-in microphone is selected on the REC source.
Unquantized recording using real-time recording of micro timing
The micro timing of finger drumming and instrument playing with the pads can be recorded in real time in the sequencer to allow unquantized recording.(72 ppqn)
⁃ Micro timing can now be edited for each note.
⁃ Note-off timing can also be recorded and edited on Instrument tracks.
Swing can be set per track or clip. (0-75%)
Duplication of a sequence
A sequence created on the Drum, Inst, MIDI, and Shot track can be duplicated by pressing the DUP(C) button, doubling the length of the sequence.
Further Drum track improvements
⁃ Level, Pan, Pitch, and Effect Send for each instrument in the drum kit can be adjusted while the Drum track is playing.
⁃ The tempo can be changed on the Drum track (tap tempo can be achieved by pressing the knob).
⁃ Over 300 basic drum patterns to choose from.
⁃ 3 new drum kits have been added.
– Ski Beatz Smack pack selection kit
– Cinematic Indian Percussion kit
– GB Drum kit
Global Audio track has been optimized
⁃ The waveform display is now easier to read.
– Input level meter has been added.
(To delete the switching point of the virtual tracks, press the REC key twice and press CLR in recording standby.)
– You can replace the Global audio files in the SD card.
1) Delete the virtual track files (.wav and .wdt files) you want to replace in the SmplTrek/Project/(project name)/Audio/Global folder on the SD card.
Example: global1-1.wav, global1-1.wdt
2) Rename the new .wav file (16bit-48kHz mono, up to 2GB) you want to replace with the same name as the deleted file and place it in the same folder.
When you load the project on SmplTrek, the replacement will be reflected.
⁃ Revised parameters for ‘Vinyl’ and ‘Cassette’.
⁃ Added bit to ‘Crusher’.
⁃ Pitch of the Instrument track can be adjusted while playing.
⁃ You can switch the display between the tracks while keeping the edit screen open. (press the func+TRK pad)
⁃ When loading a sample into the Loop track, you can set start and end points and select the number of bars in that range to see the exact BPM.
⁃ Sample selection for each instrument in the Drum Kit Edit can now be easily auditioned and selected from the folder by simply turning the A knob.
⁃ Program change messages can now be transmitted from the MIDI track automation. (The switching Scene has been changed to CC31:SCENE PLAYBACK)
⁃ And several bug fixes and improvements.
What’s new in version 1.4.99?
The INST track allows you to select an instrument on the edit screen, like the DRUM track:
While playing back a sequence, you can switch instrument samples and edit the attack and release parameters.
The user interface has been improved:
– On the Home screen, the Scenes, Tracks, and Clips can now be easily copied and cleared.
Select the target to be copied, press func + OK, select the destination and press OK.
Select the target to be cleared, press func + CLR, confirm it by selecting YES.
– On the edit screen, the sequence data can now be cleared in a batch.
Press func + CLR, confirm it by selecting YES.
– The edit screen now scrolls along with playback.
– On the edit screen, the pop-up can now be switched by pressing the lower right button on the screen to change folders for drum kits and instrument samples*, and to make changes to LENGTH/NOTE settings.
*You can select the Pool, the Preset, and the current Project folder. The Drum tracks are loaded all stk files in the Kit folder in those folders. The Instrument tracks are loaded all 16bit-48kHz wav files in the Audio folder in those folders.
– The LENGTH setting has been changed to move in units of one bar of the current NOTE value (hold down and turn the knob to change LENGTH by a single increment)
– The octave keys now move the keyboard by one white key during normal operation, and by one octave when pressed together with the func key.
And several bug fixes and improvements.